
Alison and I have arrived in Columbus, OH this evening. We are sitting in our room and Alison is eating what is left of her Amish cheese. She got bacon cheddar spread and I bought a fabulous blueberry cheddar. Let me tell how we arrived here...

First stop - Bradley U. Alison bought a new Bradley t-shirt as her old one is now 8 years old. Can you believe that?? We took her pic with old Lydia standing proud in the middle of campus. Alison can add a link here for anyone interested in Bradley or Peoria.

Next stop, old Jumer's for some cinnamon rolls and a pic of the bear for dad. Well, Jumers sold out to Raddison and took the bear with him!! All thats left is a gargoyle over the door. Raddison was unable to remove the lingering smell of cigarrette smoke tho.
So, Chris - I do have one complaint.. the traffic in Peoria stinks!! no one knows how to drive especially the meaning of merge.

We are headed down the highway to the state border with Indiana and stop at a rest stop. The sheriff who had been following me for a ways pulled in ahead of us. I got out of the car, doing some stretches and he made a comment about needing to do that after being in the car so long. We chatted, I asked if he saw the CA plate and he responded " that's my job" - I think he wanted to say DUH!! He was a nice guy and I asked if I could take his pic for the blog and he said "as long as there are no identifying features included." Please see pic and Alison may or may not tell the rest of the story.....
Down the road and past the Indianapolis Speedway , over the border into Ohio.
Not much happening here so we decide to go off road to find Wilber Wright's birthplace. Down thru neverending cornfields and along country dirt roads with no real indication of where it is, we give up and turn back to the highway. Next sign is for AMISH CHEESE. That we are doing!!
The shop smells so fantastic. Not only is there cheese, there is PIE. Pecan this time. I only had samples of the blueberry cheddar but I am sure there will be none left to bring home, alas.

If you are getting tired of rain pics from the car, well, so are we. The thunderstorms seem to always come in when Alison is driving in the afternoon. I figure it is good driving experience for her since she hasn't driven much in the last 3-7 years.
Tomorrow we are going to make an attempt to get as close to DC as we can. One more nite on the road I think. Alison made arrangements while we were driving to have her utilities turned on on Sat. and sign the lease early too. We may be camping out on her floor til we can get her some furniture.
Watching Olympics - when is Diving? I want to see diving.
1 comment:
Forget the law, you two should become professional travel bloggers! The commentary, the photos, the choice of sights -- brilliant!
Post a Comment