Thursday, August 14, 2008

Go, Speed Racer, Go

Hmmm.... I don't know how to feel about going back to the Bradley campus after so long. I can't quite wrap my head around the whole thing. It was a strange, mixed-up thing - where I've been, where I'm going, who I've been and will be. At least Lydia still looks as sour and cranky as ever.
Not much to report from Indiana, except that Mom needs to familiarize herself with some of the definitions in the Urban Dictionary.
Mom is totally right about the Amish cheese. It's awesome. I think I ate the Aveo's weight in bacon cheese spread before we even got to Dayton. Bacon cheese spread sounds gross, but when it's not filled with preservatives and processed beyond recognition, it is truly marvelous.
Or maybe I was just hungry.
And what's going on with these afternoon storms. Every time I take the wheel, the sky darkens and the semis start kicking up tsunamis of rainwater. It's like I'm a rain god.
But onward! Across the mountains, to the capital.

1 comment:

Grandma & Grandpa Wright said...

Have enjoyed the stories and pix. Appears you are having a real experience going across the nation. We are leaving Saturday morning for our Colorado adventure. Have fun setting up your new household in DC.

Will check in on our return.

Muriel and Dad