Saturday, August 16, 2008

a view from the window


Hey, ya'll I like to read your comments, too!!

Alison has arrived!! I am so pleased with her apartment and locale (especially). We only made it to the mattress store and Target today. It felt like we were supplying a dorm room for school but avoided the cheap plastic mixing bowls in favor of waiting til the next pay check for somethng more on an adult level. She is going to have such fun decorating HER apartment. It will be interesting to see what style evolves...
I called Moira today. We figured out they are only 8 miles away!! Cool. Julian can jog over and not even be out of breath! We will try to meet up with them tomorrow after lunch. I get to see Anneliese, Yea! Washington, DC is doing a Taste of the Town type of thing and we booked a cute little French Restaurant called Bastille for lunch. It is a prix fix $20.oo deal. Should be good! After lunch we should be able to do some sight-seeing.
Tonite is delivered pizza on her new plates. We are washing her new towels and sheets in her washer and drier IN her apt. Did I mention there is a swimming pool on the top of the building? Get to sleep on the floor tho, no bed delivery til Monday. The floor sounds so much better than another hotel room. Can you believe that was ME saying that??!!

2 comments:

steve wright said...

Great job on your blog! I can't wait to see all the sights as you tour the city. Say hello to Julian, Moira and Annaliese and enjoy your French bistro tomorrow! We're off to Midnight Madness in San Diego tonight. A leisurely bike ride along the bay, the Old Town area and the Gas Lamp district. Steph's taking her camera in case there are any photo op's.

Unknown said...

where are the room pictures???