Monday, August 18, 2008

last nite for pie...

Sorry, no tourista today. I know this is not very exciting for you all, but Alison is very excited to have had her brand new bed delivered this morning and then a marathon shopping spree at IKEA. 4 1/2 hrs there. We got back to the apt. and started right in in assembling furniture. Alison managed to put together 2 chairs in the time it took me to put together a floor lamp. She is non-stop except for the fact that she didnt have a wrench. (dad send boxes soon) Moira and Julian came to her rescue. We had dinner with them in Old Towne and they brought along a selection of wrenches from which to choose. Anneliese and I colored and had some very nice conversation. She is so enjoyable, but her mom thinks she can be strong-willed at times - sounds like Tia to me. LOL!
Tomorrow is the test run on the Metro and a private tour of the Capitol provided by one of Alison's workmates. I WILL remember the camera!!
Sleeping in a bed tonite, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
P.S. Happy Birthday, Stephan xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's calling my granddaughter 'strong-willed'??? Oh, right -- her mother =] Well, with the genes she's got is it any wonder? I want to see pictures of all the put-together furniture, please!!! And of the Capitol -- how cool it that to get a private tour?!! It was fun taking the Metro last time I was out there visiting -- have a ball playing tourist! Oh, and Happy Birthday, Steve!
Marianne